Wednesday, April 1, 2009

april fools


Happy April Fool's day.  Henry successfully took the fart machine to school.  Too bad it went off during the Pledge.  I didn't even know that kids still had to recite it.  It was a good object lesson for having a sense of humor.  If you ever have kids in a bad mood just give them the fart machine and let them have at it, soon they will be laughing.

But today I got the boys good.  I went to the mercado and got 10 quail eggs.  I put them in the girls new cage.  When the boys came home from school they had to do their normal job of cleaning out the cage.  Low and behold "MOM OUR CHICKENS HAVE LAID EGGS!"

Gotcha

2 comments:

  1. Good joke Suzanne. I owe you a call. It's been a bit hectic these days. Off to MI on Good Friday. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! We haven't bumped in to each other in a while. I pass through your neighborhood most mornings on the way to work and think about the Burkles.

    Love the trick. Bryce got me good that day. The bananas for smoothies were just skins and the cereal bags were switched in the boxes. I was looking for it, he wasn't there, and he still got me.

    We'll have to talk about chickens. We've been threatening to get them for a while now.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete