Wednesday, December 2, 2009

kids


"You know, sometimes it's good to question statistics. To closely examine the method behind the numbers. To be a critical thinker. But when somebody I love (Hi, Nancy!) sent me these percentages recently, I just took them on faith. Sadly enough, they just felt correct.

During my father's years on this earth, our nation was at war 13.5% of the time.

During my years on this earth, our nation has been at war 17.5% of the time.

During my son's years on this earth, our nation has been at war 37% of the time.

During my grandchild's years on this earth, our nation has been at war 63% of the time. "
This comes from my friend's Sue's Blog

What I find most disturbing-

During Henry's years on this earth, our nation was at war 72% of the time.
During Albert's years on this earth, our nation was at war 97% of the time.

Ella has not known a year on this earth, when our nation was not at war.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment