Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Friends

Old Friends, new friends.  I am  very lucky to have both.  I drove to DIA yesterday to have lunch with and old friend, Joanna.  We have known each other for 20 years.  She is just about the only one I keep in touch with since college days.  How many friends have drifted off in that time?

It was so good to see her, but I wonder how things have changed for her.  It used to be we would meet and it was like we saw each other just yesterday, but it could have been months.  Now it was years and tears, and it took a while to have it feel like old times.  

I realized friendship must be fed with: care, consideration, and communication, or it might just drift away. 

Thanks for being my friend Joanna. 

1 comment:

  1. Even a short time at DIA can work wonders for an old friendship....
    So glad you took advantage of those few hours to go and visit with her. I did the same thing last March, but unlike your experience, it WAS as if we had seen each other yesterday.

    ReplyDelete